Connecting with God at Home – low-tech suggestions:
- Read that book about faith you’ve never had time to get to.
- Pick a Bible passage. Read it slowly, noticing what jumps out at you. Read it again, ask the Holy Spirit to show you something that speaks into to your life right now. Read it a third time, and find something that prompts you to pray – for yourself, for someone else or our world.
- Create something. Write a poem, draw a picture, sew, paint, plant something. Doesn’t matter if it’s a masterpiece or not. Give thanks to Creator God for the good things we have.
- Make a list of things to be thankful for and spend a bit of time daily reflecting on some of them.
- Got a prayer-book gathering dust somewhere? Dig it out and re-discover it.
- Play worship music. Sing along.
- If you play an instrument, play that.
- Family isolating together? How about introducing a short family prayer or Bible time daily? Get creative, make it fun.
- On your own? Ring a friend and commit to praying for 5 minutes together every day on the phone, or praying separately but at the same time of day.